Monday, April 30, 2012

THIS IS HOW I GET HAMMERED

These past couple days of finals frenzy have included late nights at the forge. As always, there is a lot of clean up work to be done.
So far this is the candle stick holder I'm making. I will be cleaning up the horrendous welding job even though I find it a bit endearing considering this piece took my welding virginity. I have always been so scared of welding and have pathetically let that fear stop me from making things according to my original designs so this was a big step that I'm proud I finally did. After cleaning up the welding mess, I would like to spray the piece black. I'm half joking with a couple people (including my teacher) that this piece is also satanic. 7 rods for the 7 sins. I'm a dork. To continue playing with that theme, I think I'm going to present the piece with either a red or black candle, I'm still deciding.
Finally the tongs are made! Nothing too fancy, just a reminder that handmade tools should be appreciated.
Still working on the silverware set. The clean up is as boring as one could imagine. I'm thinking of etching a pentagram on the spoon just to give it some flavor.

Once the semester is over and I lose studio space, I'm thinking of directing my attention and energy on refinishing furniture along with finally finishing a couple of books on my ever growing list, taking another programming summer school class to finally design my own website, and regaining my social life. AAAANND taking pretty pictures to add to my official portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment