Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I DONT SEE NUTHIN WRONG WITH A LITTLE BUMP AND GRIND

except I do, and apparently so does everyone else in the studio. I have maybe put in a grand total of 8 hrs of grinding so far and even though I do it outside, I feel like I'm getting the side-eye from my peers. 
Fed up and sore, I thought I could get away with putting this through the sand blaster, but it just ended up looking ugly and cheap and didn't hide parts that I gave up grinding. Changed plans and now I'm back to being happy with the results. I have also scratched the suspension idea and welded a ball bearing to the base and will put that on a rod and have a spinning orb. For grading purposes, this is where I'll finish this piece, but there is a show in May that I would like to put this piece in, but I will be altering it a bit. Hopefully I'll find time to work on that soon. In the meantime, this is where my orb-y spaceships are at right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment