Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TRANSIENT STATES

I took part in an exhibit in downtown Phoenix last Friday. The show was a nice way to introduce my math peers and family to the art world. Is it sad to say that the location was the best part? The work was amazing, but I'm probably a little bitter that my piece, Assets, wasn't ready to show in time. I made the decision to put in another piece the morning I went to install and chose this piece because it has it's own stand and I would not have had time to make a pedestal in time. Overall, it was a good decision. I have a certain way I would like to display, Assets, so hopefully I'll have time this summer to make the necessary parts.

Here are pictures from the show:



The orb can spin on the top, which I achieved by using telescoping rod as the base. The second picture is my friend demonstrating different bases.

I have been terrible at documenting Assets, but these are the in-process pictures I currently have at hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment