Friday, March 2, 2012

IN PROGRESS

This week is ending and here are some updates.  Unfortunately, due to other coursework and obligations to other things, I didn't get to spend as much time in the studio as I would have liked.  

I'm bad and didn't document how it looked the last time I left the studio, but this was from the time before so it's close enough.  In more progress news, I am debating staining it with a gradient, either burning or darkening the edge and bleaching/whitening the center, or vice versa, or bleaching the entire piece and turning an egg out of zebra wood to be in the center, caged behind the branches. Either way, I'm excited and happy as to how it's turning out.


I now know how to make scrolls out of steel. I also will be making a silverware set out of steel and will be posting pictures of that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment