Friday, April 13, 2012

JUST A LITTLE BREAK

Think I went a little overboard on the spring break break; however, I'm back and so excited to get some work done in the studio.

Here's a bit of what I was doing this week. Clearly, I have a lot of cleaning up work to do still....


I'm turning a eucalyptus log to use in my mobius strip piece. Sidenote: the very first thing i ever turned on a lathe was a sphere. Apparently most people don't start with that shape and I had no problem with it; however, this time, it has been such an obsessive pain.


Just some more progress in blacksmithing. The silverware set is made out of stainless steel so every cut had to be chiseled out. The picture above the silverware set would be my progress in the class assignment for tongs. 

Only a couple more weeks until summer. Time to put in extra work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment