Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MERGING WORLDS

What a mythical title, no? As this semester is now officially over, I am reminded that I might be crazy. I actually miss all of the crazy, stressed out and hopeful energy that every art student carries around with them as they experience studio finals. This semester, it was more of a silent stress that involved crunching numbers, analyzing statistics, and writing proofs. Although it was more a math heavy semester, I did give a presentation in my 3D tools class to exemplify the digital utilities the modern artist has access to further develop their work. I took my mobius strip globe sculpture and created it in Rhino. Now that I have skills in Rhino, I think the process of designing for me will go from sketching it, the digitally creating it, then physically making it. Here's the poster from the presentation


In other news, my partner, Shwade, and I are nearly ready to set up our metals studio. We have a location and are finalizing the funds, but I'm very excited to see it coming together. Also, a dear and very talented friend of mine, Playrat, and I have been discussing publishing a zine. 2013 is going to be amazing.

This was a doodle I made while I was holed up at the library. Maybe that reflects my sentiments on this semester...

No comments:

Post a Comment